by Erwan COATNOAN DE KERDU
Intangible Capital Value
REGISTRATION OF A EUROPEAN TRADEMARK
RESERVED FOR EUROPEAN CUSTOMERS 5000 EUROS
Protect your company’s products through the trademark registration process!
Ask for a quote (email email@example.com or Phone:+33 1 85 08 64 25)
- USD: 0.00$
Dernière modification le 12/12/2022 à 10:16 par Kate Griss
The registration of a trademark is essential to protect your company’s products and to develop your image. This process will allow you to stand out effectively thanks to distinctive signs specific to your brand (slogan, design, name, etc.).
The registration of a trademark gives the owner an exclusive right of use. This means that only the owner of the property title can use the trademark and that he has a monopoly on it. Thus, any person or company that uses it without authorization from him commits an infringement.
Criteria for the registration of a trademark :
In order to be registrable, a trademark must meet certain criteria:
- Be available: Conduct prior art searches to prove that the mark is available for the goods or services in question.
- Be distinctive: A mark must be distinctive and not descriptive. This means that the mark cannot be the name of what it designates (for example “Computer” for a computer mark). To be more precise, the mark must identify your company and differentiate your products from the competition.
- It must not be misleading: You must ensure that your trademark does not give the impression that it has qualities or specifications that it does not actually have.
- Be legal: A trademark must obviously be created in compliance with the French legislation in force.
- Be in accordance with good morals: The trademark must not represent symbols that are violent, incite hatred, shocking, etc.
If you have any questions or if you wish to obtain advice, you can contact us!